Wed, 11/08/2017 - 4:00pm to 5:00pm
"Substance Use Disorders in Geriatric Patients"
Ole J. Thienhaus, MD, MBA, FACPsych
Professor and Chair
Department of Psychiatry
University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson
CME provided by the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson
- Epidemiology of substance use disorders in later life.
- Assessment of substance use disorders in late life.
- Evidence-based treatments for substance use disorders that are safe in geriatric patients.
As a result of this presentation, participants will be able:
- Understand current epidemiologic proportion of substance use disorders in older Americans.
- Discuss the benefits and limitations of systemic rating scales in making the diagnosis.
- Appreciate the respective importance of psychosocial treatments and medication-assisted treatment.
Live Presentation at Banner - University Medical Center South, Behavioral Health Pavilion, Room 1233, ONLY. Located at 2800 E. Ajo Way, Tucson, AZ 85714
Please contact Manuel Acuna with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).