- LactMed is a free online database with information on drugs and lactation. Geared to the healthcare practitioner and nursing mother, LactMed contains over 450 drug records, and is searchable. It includes information such as maternal levels in breast milk, infant levels in the blood, potential effects in breastfeeding infants and on lactation itself, the American Academy of Pediatrics category indicating the level of compatibility of the drug with breastfeeding, and alternate drugs to consider. References are included, as is nomenclature information, such as the drug's Chemical Abstract Service's (CAS) Registry number and its broad drug class.
- Tucson Postpartum Warm Line: 888-434-MOMS
- Tucson Postpartum Depression Coalition
Free Support Groups
For pregnancy and postpartum depression and anxiety.
Online Support Groups
- Thursdays 12pm-1pm Facilitator: Dr. Arundhuti Kundu, MD (Psychiatrist & Board Member) Join to share your experiences and feelings, ask questions and above all support the pregnant and postpartum women of our community. Questions about mental health, CDC guidelines, & COVID 19 are welcome. No political discussions please. Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/98319503172?pwd=dIFPeU1pSIIPMGJCaFhkckhGdG0yUT09 Meeting ID: 983 1950 3172 Password: 713955
- Fridays 9:00am-10:30am (Spanish) & Fridays 11:30am-1:00pm (English) Sponsored by El Rio Health Midwifery & Health Builders. Facilitators: Rodin Molina, RN, BSN & Lorena Verdugo, Community Health Coordinator. Zoom Meeting Registration- Email: MomWellness@elrio.org or call 520-370-3686.
**Be sure to call and see if the groups below are still being hosted in response to COVID-19.**
Mondays 11:00am-12:30pm Banner-University Medical Center Tucson, 1625 N. Campbell Ave. 5th Floor, Classroom 504. 520-694-2526. Facilitated by Rodin Molina RN and Kat Torres RN, LCCE. Babies welcome.
Wednesdays 6:00-7:30pm St. Joseph’s Hospital-Women’s Care Pavilion, Agave Room, 350 N. Wilmot Rd. 520-873-6858. Facilitated by Terry Scallon RN. Babies welcome.
Wednesdays 10:00-11:30am Northwest Medical Center, 6060 N. Fountain Plaza Dr, Ste 130 520-877-4149. Facilitated by Rhonda Anderson. Babies welcome.
Wednesdays 5:00-6:00pm CODAC Women’s Center, 502 N. Silverbell Rd. 520-202-1987. Facilitated by Kristen Russell, MA. Babies welcome.
Thursdays 5:30-7:00pm Tucson Medical Center, Fireplace Room, 5301 E. Grant Rd. 520-324-7576. Facilitated by Pearl Aviles, MA and Tara Stanislav RN. Babies welcome.