The fellowship is not currently accepting applications for the 2022-23 academic year. Please check back for updates. Thank you!
The Department of Psychiatry participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), a service of The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). For ERAS, our ACGME Program ID is 400-03-21-142. Potential applicants will complete an application for the fellowship training program through ERAS, using the information provided above. No applicant will be offered a position outside of The Match.
1. A completed application must include:
- The completed application form
- A dean’s letter
- The applicant’s official medical school transcript
- A letter from the applicant’s current program director
- At least two (2) current letters of recommendation from the applicant’s current training program
- A current Curriculum Vitae
- A personal statement indicating the applicant’s interest in child and adolescent psychiatry training, career goals in child and adolescent psychiatry and interest in training at the University of Arizona
- Documentation of VISA status for international graduates
- Documentation of ECFMG certification, when applicable
- Verification of clinical skills by indicating the number of completed Clinical Skills Evaluations (CSEs) at the time of submission of the application
2. For applicants transferring from another program, documentation must be obtained from the prior training director that demonstrates adequate performance in the core competencies, adequate educational and clinical experiences and consistently demonstrates professional integrity. In addition, ACGME requires applicants only be accepted to fellowship positions who have sufficient command of the English language to permit accurate and unimpeded communication.
3. Interviews will be scheduled on a first come, first serve basis. Applicant interviews will be completed on-site, unless other arrangements have been made, or in unusual or unanticipated circumstances.
Information for Foreign Medical Graduates
International Medical Graduates are welcome to apply to the Program. International Medical Graduates must be certified by The Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) located at 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-2685, Phone: (215) 386-5900.
The Program reviews all applications and selects the most qualified candidates for an interview. The Program receives more qualified applicants than can be interviewed. Various factors affect the decision to inverview a candidate, such as, clinical experience and interest in psychiatry, medical school performance, USMLE scores, and letters of recommendation. We will consider applicants with a J1 Visa. We offer a select few number of Observerships.
To be considered for an interview, please note the following requirements:
- Must have completed psychiatry residency in the United States.
- Must have an excellent proficiency in both written and spoken English.
The application deadline is October 1. Interviews are held September-November.