Our clinics provide comprehensive psychiatric evaluations and care for children and adolescents through the age of 17. In our clinics, child and adolescent psychiatrists, psychologists and fellows offer individualized care to meet the needs of each of our patients.
Our Whole Child Clinic works with the child and family together to optimize care and includes special attention to education, nutrition, lifestyle and cultural factors. We provide integrative services that provide a comprehensive approach to mind-body-spirit health and wellness.
Banner - University Medical Center South (BUMCS), at the Behavioral Health Pavilion
2800 E. Ajo Way, Suite P1241
Tucson, AZ 85713
Appointment Phone: (520) 874-2783
Deepa Khushlani, MD
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Director of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Clinic
Our Anxiety Clinic provides specialization for anxiety disorders typical in children and adolescents.
Our Preschool Clinic is designed to see children 5 and younger with developmental disabilities, emotional and behavioral challenges.
Our Adolescent Behavioral Health Clinic was created to help teens and parents navigate the rapid growth and changes that happen during adolescents.
Our Behavioral Analysis Clinic is here for when challenging behaviors occur, it can sometimes be hard to know why it is happening and to determine how to best help the child change their behavior.
Services provided in our clinics include:
- Diagnostic Psychiatric Evaluations
- Medication Management
- Psychoeducational Testing
- Psychotherapy Services:
- Parent Education
- Behavior Management
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Mind-Body Medicine
- Collaboration with community providers and coordination of care
The intake form provide us vital information and you will be asked to complete it prior to the initial intake session. We hope you find that although the intake form is lengthy and requires an investment in time, it will allow us to understand the goals and focus for treatment. You may view the CHILD/TEEN INTAKE FORM here (child_adolescent_psychiatry_intake_packet.pdf) You can print, fill out the form, and bring the completed paper form with you on the day of your initial appointment. Alternatively, the front desk can mail you the paper form to complete. If you will be attending the Anxiety Clinic please fill out this form, anxiety_clinic_new_patient_packet_cac.pdf.
At the first session, it is important that caregivers be present. For two parent families, both parents are highlyencouraged to attend. For single parent families, another key caregiver is invited to attend (if applicable). After the first appointment, we may request to contact your child’s school and therapist.
View a Map of the Behavioral Health Pavilion here:bhp_map.pdf
Please bring to your first appointment:
- All other relevant medical documents.
- All bottles/packages for all medications that the child is currently taking. This includes medications prescribed by a doctor, over the counter medications (ex: Tylenol), and all bottles of vitamins or nutritional supplements.
- Legal paperwork establishing guardianship/custody arrangement (if applicable for children/adolescents)
- Previous testing that has been done (ex: neuropsychological testing, psychoeducational testing)
- Report card (for children/adolescents)
- IEP (Individualized Education Program) or 504 plan if in place (for children/adolescents)
- Testing done to create the IEP (Multi Factored Evaluation) - (for children/adolescents)
Twenty-four hour emergency and crisis services are available through the BUMCS Crisis Center located within walking distance of our clinic.
The following insurances are accepted by our clinic: